Collaborate Mini Quilt Challenge - Call for Entries

Curated Quilts is now accepting entries for our next Mini Quilt Challenge! The Mini Quilt Gallery is a regular feature in each quarterly issue that features YOU! In every Curated Quilts issue, 24 quilts are selected for photography and included in the journal.
Please use combination as inspiration for your collaborative quilt design. Combination can have may interpretations, we encourage you to explore how you would like to incorporate combination in your collaborative project. You can appliqué, improvise or paper piece your mini quilt. We love seeing how creative everyone is and appreciate all forms of piecing in your mini quilts.

Collaborate Mini Quilt Challenge for Curated Quilts

We are trying something new with the color palette this time! We would like you to use the neutrals included in the image above, for 70% of the quilt. The other 30% is up to your discretion. You are welcome to use all or a few of the colors in your mini quilt. Prints or solids from your stash are always welcome too. The Bella colors included in our starter bundle are Almond, Porcelain, Weathered Teak, Bleached White, Gray, and Lead. 

Details we look for:

  • Square quilts, 10" x 10" up to 16" x 16".
  • Color palette, as close to inspiration as possible.
  • Creativity within the theme/inspiration. 
  • Quilting should be tidy and support the piecing.
  • Finished - bound and ready to ship for photos. 
  • Clear, well-lit photos help us see all your hard work clearly.

You are welcome to make one mini quilt or as many as you would like for this challenge - it's up to you! Each mini quilt needs to be submitted separately. To submit your mini quilt, please take a flat, front-facing image of your quilt in natural sunlight; to best represent the color in your quilt. Color is the overarching theme that creates cohesion in the printed group of quilts.

The deadline for submissions is September 13, 2021. Everyone that submits a quilt will receive an email, with decisions. In the case that your quilt is selected, it will need to be received by September 30th for photography. Selected quilts need a semi-permanent label (no post-it notes), but no hanging sleeve. We look forward to working with you!

-Amy & Christine


Our new submissions process should be more streamlined for everyone, but will require you to set up an account with submittable. If you already have an account with submittable, that one will work for your submissions with Curated Quilts as well. This allows us to better communicate with everyone, and you to verify your submissions.

Everyone will receive a decision email within two weeks of the deadline - if you don't have one in your inbox please log-in to submittable, and check on your submission. 

We are excited about this upgrade to the submission process! If you have questions please reach out by emailing us at

Search our shop